Representing WA's Mid-tier Iron Ore Producers and Junior Explorers
Currently YIPA members export over 26 Million tonnes of iron ore per annum.
Mid-tier miners are significant iron ore exporters from the Pilbara, Mid-West and Yilgarn.
YIPA is committed to supporting WA's Mid-tier miners and Junior explorers by:
- Highlighting the activities of the Mid-tier companies and the Junior explorers substantial economic contribution to WA's economy
- Protecting the 3160 direct and indirect jobs supported by iron ore mining in the Yilgarn alone
- Ensuring fair access to infrastructure, port and rail
- Supporting initiatives to cut red tape
- Assisting with environmental and heritage processes
- Maintaining a fair playing field for the iron ore mining industry
Further aims of YIPA are to promote:
- Sustainable economic development and best practice environmental standards
- Engagement with local communities, indigenous people, Government and agencies
- The interests of prospective and current iron miners and the development of infrastructure
- The growth of regional communities
The Yilgarn is an established iron province with a potential aggregate iron endowment of over 15 Billion tonnes of potentially beneficiable Magnetite and one billion tonnes of DSO hematite ores.